How to Subscribe to Your CCB Calendar
- Login to CCB
Hint: you can find CCB by going to the menu on the upper right called "GCD Family" and clicking "CCB Login"
If you don't have a login, click "Sign-Up." You will be asked to enter your email address. If your email is already in our secure system (you've added your email to the directory through the office or the Friendship Register) then you'll immediately receive an email with an activation link. Click on that activation link and you're all set to login!
- Click the calendar icon at the very top of the page on the left side of your screen.
- On the right side, you can toggle between "My Personal Calendar", "My Family Calendar", and the "Churchwide Calendar".
At this time, you can only subscribe to either your personal calendar or the churchwide calendar. It would probably help to understand what the difference is right? Here's a bit of an explanation of what we're dealing with here:
- "CCB" stands for Church Community Builders - it's management software that helps the office, pastors, and various ministry volunteers keep track of calendars, contact information, building-use management, and much more.
- "My Calendar" in CCB is where your specific involvement in different groups at church will appear alongside major churchwide events. For example, I'm on the Youth Leadership Team. Nick schedules our Youth Leadership Team meetings in the calendar and they appear on my personal CCB calendar. But these meetings aren't something that the whole church needs to see, otherwise all of our calendars would be cluttered and difficult to navigate between events that apply to us and events that don't.
- "Family Calendar" in CCB is where you and your family's involvement will appear alongside major churchwide events. This is much like the My Calendar, but it combines all of your family members' personal calendars into one. If your son or daughter is in youth group and you also volunteer in the nursery, then your events for these two groups will appear.
- "Churchwide Calendar" in CCB is where major church events that either apply to everyone or a large number of people will appear. For example, if you were a part of the Youth Leadership Team, your Leadership Meetings would appear in your personal calendar, but not the churchwide calendar, but something like the Church Picnic would appear on this Churchwide Calendar.
- You can choose to either sync "My Calendar" or the "Churchwide" calendar, by clicking "Subscribe" below your calendar of choice.
You can select to use your Apple Cal, Google Cal, or Outlook. If you use a different application or you are having trouble with the above calendar apps, you can subscribe manually by copying the URL provided. Then open your desired calendar app and select the option to add/subscribe to a calendar with a URL and paste!