Iron Sharpens Iron
“As iron sharpens iron, so one person sharpens another.” Proverbs 27:17
I love to be a fly on the wall and observe kids when they think no one is looking. Last Sunday, I had the opportunity to see one of our 5th graders displaying the desire to “sharpen” the others in his class. He was up in front of the class, writing out a verse on the board, and encouraging the kids in the class to learn it. While one or two objected to “one of their own bossing them around”, they quickly warmed up to the idea that they could be encouragements to each other. What a wonderful trait to nurture. . . How can your kids be an encouragement to someone else to day? Ask them! I bet they will have some ideas for you!
Sunday School Lessons from Sunday, 4/29
2/3s- Jesus Changes Paul
Scripture- Acts 9:1-20
Lesson Goals- Children will be able to:
1. Complete this sentence: Jesus changed Paul from an enemy to a _____________.
2. Act out the Bible story.
3. Tell who changed Paul
4. Express assurance that Jesus always loves them even when they disobey
4s-5th Grade- God Parts the Red Sea
Scripture- Exodus 14-15
Lesson Goal- Students will praise God for His power and deliverance.
Students will be able to:
1. Describe the Israelites’ departure from Egypt.
2. List the Miracles God performed for Israel.
3. Explain why God led the Israelites through the Red Sea.
4. Define and describe Israel’s worship.
Catechism Question #32
Children’s Church- God Uses Samson to Deliver Israel
Scripture- Judges 13-16
Lesson Goal- Students will Praise God, who delivers His people, and will use the gifts that God gives for His Glory.
1. God specially prepared Samson to deliver Israel.
2. Although the Philistines defeated Samson, God was exalted.
3. Samson’s behavior was not always right, but God sovereignly accomplished His will through Samson’s life.