Walk In Love
Parent’s Corner- June 30, 2019
“Therefore be imitators of God, as beloved children. And walk in love, as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us, a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.” Ephesians 5:1-2 ESV
May the Lord bless your parenting this week and allow you to remember that you are his beloved child as well!
This Week in Sunday School. . .
Scripture- Genesis 1:1-19
Lesson Truth- God made the world beautiful and good.
Aims for the Children- to do at least one of the following during this lesson:
1. Name some of the things God made: land, sea, sky, sun, moon, stars, trees, flowers, etc.
2. Tell who made these things
3. Thank God for making these things
4s-K, 1st-2nd 3rd-5th- God Uses Esther to Protect His People
Scripture- The Book of Esther
Principle- Believers trust in God’s plan, power, and protection.
Ask Your Child- What events led to. God’s protection of the Jews?
Apply- By praising god, who controls every event.
This Week- As a family, read the book of Esther
Next Week- Daniel 2:1-49
Children’s Church- Paul Preaches the Gospel in Athens
Scripture- Acts 17:16-34
Lesson Goal- The child will have the right response to the right knowledge of God.
1. Paul was angry about the many gods he saw in Athens.
2. Paul shared the Gospel with the Athenians.
3. Some people believed the gospel and others did not.
Key Verse- “Truly, these times of ignorance God overlooked, but now commands all men everywhere to repent.” Acts 17:30