A Window into the Heart of a Shepherd
2 Timothy 1
6th Sunday After Epiphany – February 12, 2017 (pm)
- The heart of a shepherd towards the church is that of a father towards his children.
- A shepherd is more concerned about the future of the church than they are about their own personal future.
- A shepherd empowers his sheep to use their gifts for God’s kingdom.
- A shepherd stands at the front lines of spiritual warfare and calls the spiritually mature to join him.
- A shepherd is empowered by the person and promise of the gospel.
- A shepherd isn’t afraid to name names.